Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 c plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) we used 1/4
3 c Quaker Oates (uncooked)
1 c raisins
1. Heat oven to 350*F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
$ Add oats and raisins; mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Recipe from Quaker Oats box