Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Raspberry Oat Bars

The kids and I made Raspberry Oat Bars last night. I'm still getting use to letting the boys help. Summer has been my helper for so long now she does great. We all put aprons on, grabbed some chairs and got to work. Summer put all goodies in mixer. I hand it all to her. And the boys took all the big spoon and spatulas out. They had fun.
Kissing those Baking muscles
Blowing a Raspberry at me

He knows he looks good
Raspberry Oat Bars
1 cup  (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 cups uncooked oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 oz of red raspberry preserves

1. Preheat oven to 375* F. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.

2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended and crumbly.

3. Spread two thirds of crumb mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan, pressing to form firm layer. Bake 15 minutes; let cool 5 minutes on wire rack.

4.Pour raspberry preserves and spread evenly .

5. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly over raspberries.

6. Return pan to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is slightly bubbly. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 4 dozen bars.

My Little Helpers

Step 3


Recipe from Incredibly Easy Cookies cookbook. I changed strawberry to raspberry. And I don't follow the instructions the way they say, which makes baking way more fun!! Also I need to bring a timer outside. I overcooked mine alittle because I was outside with the boys. But they turned out yummy! :)



Don't they look good?











No comments:

Post a Comment