Sunday, September 4, 2011

White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies

When Erica and I were Nashville living it up at MOPS convention she bought a white chocolate cherry cookie. It was really yummy so I added it to my baking wish list. Erica watched my boys on Thursday so I thought I would try to bake some as a thank you. Bummer they didn't really turn out. They had a good taste, but they stuck together. This is why, I read the cherries wrong and thought it said canned when it said candied. I know silly. :) So next time I'll do it right.



Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (which I didn't do)
1/2 cup candied cherries
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks (used chips)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375* F

In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined. Set aside.

Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add milk to the butter mixture and then add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Batter should be stiff.
In another bowl, combine nuts, cherries, and whit e chocolate. Then add to batter, stirring only to blend. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookies sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment