Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cookie Crazy

This past week has been getting ready for MOPS. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month we are wearing pink to MOPS. To take it a little further cookies in the shape of ribbons were made and decorated. And fliers about breast cancer were made to go with them. They turned out very cute.
Pink cookie cutter Erica got me two years ago. I knew it would come in handy.

Before frosting.

After frosting. Very cute. :)

Sugar Cookies
2 cups butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
cream together
add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
mix together
add 5 cups flour
knead then refrigerate for 2-3 hours
pull a little before baking, knead, roll out and use the coolest cookie cutters you have
I had the oven at 350* and baking time will be different depends on the cookie.

I would like to say a BIG Thank You to my mom for doing the amazing fliers, Kim for helping me with the dough, and Erica for the evenings of frosting and folding. Couldn't have done it with out you lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment