Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup



2-3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 cup of salsa


Place chicken in crockpot, dump everything on top (do not drain beans or corn). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 1 hour before take chicken out and shred return to crockpot for remaining hour. Serve with shredded cheese, chips and sour cream.     (Recipe from Daree.)

I don't cook well, I enjoy baking more. But this turned out so well that I had to share it. Now funny story with this is when it came time to shed the chicken I realized I'd never shredded a chicken before. I thought about calling my mom. (I blame her for not being able to cook) But she was at work so I googled it. :) It makes me laugh just to think about it. I had to google How to shred a chicken. But I did it and the soup turned out amazing. My hubby enjoyed it very much. And my boys chowed down on it. My daughter wasn't home so I didn't have to make her eat any which was fine more for me.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment